Job Vacancies at Rags & Berts in Reading
Dog Daycare & Kennel assistant to join our team.
We are looking for a mature, calm, observant, caring, person with a passion for dogs along with a good understanding of canine behaviour to join Rags & Bert’s the leading doggy daycare and dog hotel based in Reading.
Working under the direction of our qualified team you will be required to:
- Work within doggy daycare working to our standard operating processes
- Providing consistent, care & enrichment with all our daycare & boarding dogs
- Feeding our canine guests
- Maintain hygiene standards by following our routine cleaning schedule
- Cleaning Kennels and maintaining the highest standards of hygiene
- Updating feed, medication and other records
- Checking dogs in and out
- General housekeeping such as; laundry
- Full training is given
Hours 20 per week over 4 days which may include some weekends on rota working 4 hours a day between the hours of 7am-8pm. Potential for more hours to be available to cover staff absence days and during busy holiday periods. Hourly rate £6.00 - £7.50
You must have the essential criteria below to be considered for this role:-
- A minimum of one qualification relating to animal care
- Paid employment history working with animals
- Experience working in a kennel environment.
- Experience of working with and handling a variety of dog breeds and temperaments
- This is a physically demanding job you need to be in good health
- You will have exceptional hygiene standards and attention to detail.
To apply email your CV along with a letter highlighting your experience based on our essential criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 17/3/19
Weekend Kennel Team Leader
We are seeking a responsible, reliable, calm, observant, caring, person with kennel experience to join Rags & Bert’s the leading doggy daycare and dog hotel based in Reading.
You must have minimum of 2 years Kennel work experience. Along with being passionate about dogs and having good observation skills to notice any changes of behaviour in our dogs.
Your work would include:-
- Feeding our canine guests
- Provide stimulating exercise, enrichment in our indoor/outdoor areas
- Assisting in daycare
- Maintain hygiene standards by following our routine cleaning schedules
- Ensure Kennels are deep cleaned to the highest standard
- Keep feed, medication and other records up to date
- General housekeeping and husbandry duties
- Reception duties checking dogs in and out
- Full training provided
This post requires working most Saturday & Sunday working a split shift 8am-2pm then 5pm-7pm.
To apply for this position, you must include a letter detailing your experience working with dogs. Email to email@example.com
This is a physically demanding job so applicants need to be in good health and able to handle large, strong dogs. We are looking for someone with exceptional hygiene standards and attention to detail.
Closing date 31/3/19