Job Vacancies at Rags & Berts in Reading
Apprentice Daycare & Kennel Assistant
This is fantastic opportunity to learn and gain Level 2/3 qualifications in Animal Care.
Rags & Bert’s is the leading doggy daycare based in Reading offering a range of services including dog grooming, training and overnight boarding.
We are looking for an apprentice to work under the guidance of our trained team. Your duties will include:-
- Assisting with checking dogs in and out
- Making up dogs feed for the boarders.
- Feeding dogs
- Deep cleaning the kennels to the highest standard after departures
- Work within doggy daycare working to our SOP
- Providing consistent, care & enrichment with all our dogs
- General housekeeping such as; laundry
- Full comprehensive training given
Being an apprentice at Rags & Bert’s we will dedicate time to teach you; dog socialization, canine behavior, the importance of hygiene, whilst supporting you to achieve your Animal Care qualification level 2/3.
What we are looking for in an apprentice:
- Ability to follow procedures and standard operating systems
- Reliable with a good work ethic
- Passionate about animals
- Has experience with different sizes and breeds of dogs
- Enjoys being part of a team
Hours 30 per week over 5 days which includes some weekends and bank holidays on rota working 6 hours a day between the hours of 7am-7pm. Potential for more hours to be available to cover staff absence days and during busy holiday periods.
This is a physically demanding job so applicants need to be in good health and able to handle large, strong dogs. We are looking for someone with exceptional hygiene standards and attention to detail.
To apply for this role: -
Please write a letter detailing your experience with animals and why you think this apprenticeship is perfect for you. Then email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th September